The Crafthouse Press has announced this week that during 2008 it will be gradually phasing out the 'Paper Nation' logo and re-naming the range to 'Jolly Nation'. The reason is that the popular range has hugely expanded, with characters now featuring on new products including rubber stamps, cross stitch kits (from Coats Crafts), books and bone china mugs (from Hudson & Middleton).
A range of 24 completely new decoupage characters was premiered last week on QVC. All are available to purchase now at Foil Play (with co-ordinating background papers), ahead of the general release of these sheets on 18 February.
The new characters are:
- Pets - Spaniel and Yorkshire Terrier, Pedigree cats, and German Shepherd West Highland Terrier and Old English Sheepdog;
- Girls - Little Pussycat Girl, Little Sunflower Girl, Nurse Girl, Princess Girl and Rabbit Girl;
- Boys - Dinosaur Boy, Knight Boy, Little messy boy, Little Pedal Car Boy and Pirate Boy;
- Couples - Ballrooom dancers (pictured above), Caravan Couple, Hikers, walkers and Sports Car Couple;
- Ladies - Perfect Housewife, Luxury Bath Woman and Business Woman; and
- Men - Businessman, Computer Man, Firefighter, Fireman and TV Remote Man.