Pages

Monday 25 January 2010

Card with embossing, swirls, glitter and a bit of bling

It's ages since I blogged any card samples, so it's about time I did. Here is the first of the year. I made this card for the monthly card swap on the Craft Telly forum.

The theme was either using bleach, or a card of your choice. I thought that getting involved with bleach was bound to end in tears (and lighter furniture or carpet), so I decided a bit of sanding instead would be safer.
I used a 10 x 8" card as the base card and covered it with a K&Co paper with a muted swirl pattern. I embossed some white core card using the Crafts Too daisy folder (pictured above) for the larger panel and a Sizzix folder for the smaller flower. I rounded the corners of both, as well as the edges of the card, with my corner chomper. I then lightly sanded the embossed card, to bring out a little of the white core and make the embossing pop out.

I used a chipboard flower as the focal point, which has been covered with double sided self adhesive film, then a liberal sprinkling of ultra fine art glitter. I used silver in the centre, then ice pink and rose pink working outwards. I secured the flower with a gem brad, and added a smaller, matching brad to the bow on the embossed flower bouquet.
I finished the card with some card candy on the corners, a couple of swirls cut with Ellison dies and a liberal sprinkling of Kanban pearls and bling. The finished result brought to mind QVC presenter Julian Ballantyne and his 'less is more' mantra - but I enjoyed making it, sometimes it's fun to go a bit OTT with the embellishments ;-)

No comments: