Pages

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Christmas mini book with Kanban Elegance toppers

I made this mini Christmas book card using a couple of sheets of double sided 12 x 12 Basic Grey paper and a selection of toppers, including Kanban Elegant Christmas reindeer and poinsettia toppers.
I got the idea for the booklet from a gorgeous card made as part of a recent Halloween card swap on the Craft Telly forum. My much less elaborate version is made from two sheets of 12 x 12 double sided paper. Each has been folded in half, then corners folded in on themselves to make pockets, as in the picture below.
As the pockets were quite large, I used strong double sided tape on the inside, to close them up a little and make them a better fit for the tags. The tags were cut using an Ellison Scalloped tags die from co-ordinating papers, and I decorated them with toppers and ribbons from an Anna Griffin Christmas kit.
The Kanban Christmas Elegance toppers co-ordinated beautifully with the papers, I've used larger toppers in the middle of the book and smaller ones to decorate the second pair of pockets, below.
I don't have a binding machine, which would have achieved a more even finish. I bound the book by punching holes with my cropodile, after placing the binding wire along the back of the book and marking out the placement of the holes beforehand. I closed up the binding wire manually. I realised rather belatedly after making the mini book that it would have been much easier with a larger diameter binding wire.
The greetings panel stickers on the front and back covers of the mini book are also from an Anna Griffin Christmas kit.
The sheet of Kanban Elegant Christmas reindeer toppers that I used is pictured above.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

What a beautiful book. I love what you've done with it.