Pages

Friday 6 November 2009

Autumn card with foiled leaves

I enjoyed making this Autumn themed card for a card swap on the Craft Telly forum.

The base card that I used is a large 8 x 6 inch card, covered with a sheet of leaf patterned paper from a DCWV photo images pad and co-ordinating ribbon. I mounted a clear sentiment sticker onto mats cut using labels nestabilities dies, for the centre of the card.

I took another sheet of larger leaf images from the same DCWV pad, and traced around the edges of four leaves with a Sakura Quickie glue pen, I also traced some of the vein patterns in the leaves.

When the glue had dried, I foiled the leaves by pressing rub on foil (shiny side up) onto the glue, rubbing over it, then lifting off. I used a different foil on each leaf - red, copper, gold and matt gold. I then decoupaged the leaves, and mounted them using self-adhesive foam pads. I used the Sakura Quickie glue pen again to secure the stems, which are very narrow.

No comments: