Pages

Monday 2 August 2010

Christmas cards from Kanban bauble toppers

The Kanban foiled & die cut topper sheet that I made these cards from featured in a QVC TSV which made it's debut a couple of years ago - however I'm sure you'll agree that the design isn't at all dated. The kit featured again on QVC's recent Christmas in July craft day and the individual designs remain popular.
For the first three cards, I covered 8 x 8" square cards with sheets of DCWV Christmas themed paper. I highlighted the holly berries on the two largest toppers with a Sakura Quickie glue pen and rubbed on red ultra fine glitter to add a little sparkle.
Blue is one of my favourite colour schemes for Christmas cards. I've used lots of embossed mats (with corners chomped) to add texture.
The first two cards have also been embellished with beautiful Kanban self adhesive glittery snowflakes.
I've used co-ordinating card candy from Craftwork Cards on some of the cards (more stock of this is on the way!).
I've also used Craftwork Cards Oh My Word Christmas greetings buttons on the last two cards.
The Kanban die cut topper sheet that I used to make these cards is pictured above.

1 comment:

Papercraft By Carole said...

I have to say that this is one of my favourite topper sheets. Used it last year - and will be again this year.Cxx