Pages

Sunday 4 April 2010

Swirly bird card with acetate and mirri card

I made this shimmery card for a card swap on the Craft Telly forum where the theme was to use acetate. I used the blue halves from sheets of Kanban Starlit Sky printed acetate and mirri card, overlaying the acetate so that it exactly matched the pattern on the mirri card.
I die cut two swirl accents and a swirly bird from turquoise and silver holographic card using Ellison dies. I used a Sakura Quickie glue pen to glue the swirls to the mirri card, and foam pads to adhere the swirly bird so that he would stand out a little more. I made holes in the acetate and mirri card using the smallest punch on my crop-a-dile and fixed them together using jewel brads. I then mounted the mirri card onto an A5 card (a blue sheet of A4 card folded in half) using double sided adhesive tape.
The Kanban Starlit Sky acetate / printed mirri card in purple and blue that I used to make this card is pictured above. Both acetate and card are printed with exactly the same pattern, so that they can be overlaid. If you like this idea, Foil Play has a great selection of Kanban co-ordinating duo printed card, acetate and mirri card.

4 comments:

SDCrafts said...

Sparkly and pretty in the smartest of ways!

Foil Play said...

Thank you, Shirley!

I must admit, I struggle to think how to use acetate, so this one was a bit of a challenge :-)

Julie said...

Wow,what a fantastic card and such a beautiful colour too! how do you manage to take such brilliant photos of your Foil cards? I always struggle with this. Any advice greatly appreciated. x

Foil Play said...

Thanks for your very kind comments, Julie! I'm actually very hit and miss (mostly miss!) with my photography - these were taken in natural daylight (on a windowsill) at an angle. I find that late afternoon light is best.