Pages

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Foiled swirly bird card

As this foiled swirly bird is already quite showy, I thought I'd make a fairly simple card base. I mounted it with foam pads onto a couple of layers of pearl card, the top one embossed using a Tim Holz Texture Fades embossing folder and rounded the corners of both layers with a corner chomper.

To make the bird, I covered a fairly thick sheet of A4 card (like the card at the back of a writing pad) with a sheet of double sided adhesive film. I then die cut the card into various shapes, including the bird, using a Big Shot and a selection of dies.

I used copper rub on foil for the legs, and two different turquoise holographic foils for the tail and body. The foiling onto the adhesive film worked well, I did have to touch it up in a few places by filling in with a Sakura Quickie glue pen and letting it dry before going over it again with more foil.

No comments: