Pages

Thursday 22 July 2010

Kanban Christmas Quilts cards

So here is the first batch of Christmas cards glimpsed in yesterday's post, made from a sheet of Kanban Christmas Quilts die cut toppers and co-ordinating card.
I made a mat with a 5 x 7 inch Cuttlebug embossing folder for the card above, and used Sizzix Texturz plates to make backgrounds for the three A5 cards. The 180gsm pearl card that I have in stock is ideal for embossing, but is disappearing fast!
I cheated and sliced the mats made with the Texturz to stretch them to fit the cards - the gaps are under the bands of co-ordinating card. I also did this with the stripey strips from the topper sheet to stretch them out a little and make them fit the last two cards.
On all of the cards, I accented the nose of each Santa with Glossy Accents, to add a little texture.
I used Craftwork Cards Oh My Word Christmas button greetings toppers on four of the cards, with co-ordinating mats cut from the smallest scalloped circle nesties die.
The Kanban Santa Scenes Christmas Quilts topper that I used for these cards is pictured below.
As you can see, I got plenty of cards out of the sheet and co-ordinating card sheet - I also made a stepper card with some of the toppers, blogged here.

No comments: